The Thinking Mechanism is a series of weekly posts, published on Fridays, covering the ideas The Mechanism is thinking and talking about with our peers and clients.
The week in quick links:
• The interactive trailer for BBC Earth’s film One Life is fantastic.
• 2011 Emmy Nominations for Outstanding Main Title Design. – The best in storytelling motion graphics.
• The Expressive Web is the companion showcase site to Adobe’s Edge.
• Getting Bin Laden – What happened that night in Abbottabad. by Nicholas Schmidle for The New Yorker. – “The teams had barely been on target for a minute, and the mission was already veering off course.”
• This American Life, When Patents Attack – “Why would a company rent an office in a tiny town in East Texas, put a nameplate on the door, and leave it completely empty for a year? The answer involves a controversial billionaire physicist in Seattle, a 40 pound cookbook, and a war waging right now, all across the software and tech industries.”