The Thinking Mechanism is a series of weekly posts, published on Fridays, covering the ideas The Mechanism is thinking and talking about with our peers and clients.
The week in quick links:
• Mac OS X Lion is out. Here is what to do to prepare for it, what to expect from it, and a massive book-length review from Ubernerd John Siracusa.
• Apple said to be considering making a bid for Hulu.
• Quarterly results are out: Nokia, Microsoft, Apple.
• Apple opens Business App Store for volume purchases.
• R.I.P., Google Labs.
• Andy Hertzfeld on Google+, UI design and how Bob Dylan influenced the Mac.
• Translation technology may let humans speak with dolphins.
• Reinvent NYC.gov – An unprecedented community event at General Assembly to kick off the reinvention of New York City’s primary web presence. Civic participation meets the digital age.
• Speed Matters: How Ethernet Went From 3 Mbps to 100 Gbps … and Beyond.
• And lastly, Russia classifies beer as alcoholic, until now it was considered a food stuff.