ISOC-NY's August monthly meeting will take place tomorrow, 14 August 2008, at NYU.
Date: Thursday, 14 Aug 2008
Time: 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
Location: Room 317, 251 Mercer Street NYC (SW corner of West 4th)
Note: Use the entrance on the west side since construction blocks the Mercer Street entrance. Must bring photo ID.
- Meet new members. We expect and welcome new faces!
- By-laws reform. Progress report from Joseph Shraibman.
- Planning future meetings and events. Good news is we have just received a sizable grant from ISOC-NY for our Fall program.
- ISXubuntu Linux project progress report. News from our trusty coders.
- OneWebDay planning progress report. Washington Square Sep 22 event taking shape.
- NYC Broadband. Discussion of new report from from the Mayor's office.
- ICANN. We have been accepted as an at-large structure.
- Status of Connecting .NYC. An update from Tom Lowenhaupt.
- Web standards. How can we make our own site more W3C compliant?
Jeffrey Barke is senior developer and information architect at theMechanism, a multimedia firm with offices in New York, London and Durban, South Africa.